Friday, August 29, 2014

3 Small Projects

Over the past few months I have made a few small things that definitely don't merit their own post, but I thought I would share them together.

Because of past knee and foot injuries, Kaylee needs low-impact exercise, so I bought her an elliptical last Christmas.  She likes to read (a lot!) and it's nice to have something to do besides stare at the wall while you ellipticize, so I made her a low-tech holder for her Kindle:


During our winter break in July, most of the staff and students left campus for the better part of the month.  I was doing some class preparation for this semester and preached at church once, but I also took the opportunity to build closets for Kaylee and I:
Kaylee needed room for her dresses to hang, but I wanted to giveher the most shelf
space possible, so there is a cubby under her shirts and skirts.

I wanted my bar only high enough to hang my shirts, so the shelf is above,
where it is easy to reach.
This last one is just a silly 1-hour project to use a chunk of log that I found this afternoon.  It's from a ParaĆ­so (paradise) tree, which has a tough outer sheath, but a soft core that just falls to pieces once dead.


I traced the bottom and cut a plug for it with my jigsaw, then used a flap disc on the angle grinder to fit it in and used three 16d nails to hold it in place:


I used it to replant my cinnamon bush, which I got from a friend.  This is the first plant to benefit from the composter I built in my last post!  Also, note our newest pet, Laurie the Amazon parrot!


No comments:

Post a Comment